Each year the Barrie Green Party plays host to co-op students from Georgian College. Although not a paid position, we allow these students the freedom to discover their passions, and to find a way of working with us, to help exceed their needs for experience in their fields.
We take applications for co-op student placements and internships, year round, on a volunteer basis. You need not be a Georgian College student to apply.
The requirements are fairly relaxed as we like to get to know the volunteers in these roles and assign them tasks suited to their programs. That’s not to say there isn’t stuff that will need doing like research and article writing. We do reward our students and interns in non-monetary ways.
* Attendance at a post-secondary institution (or recent graduation.)
* Self motivated
* Able to work independently
* Minimum 20 hours per week
* Four month or eight month placement
* Some research and article writing
* May need to make small purchases from time to time, but will be fully reimbursed for those
expenses in a timely manner
* Has basic computer skills
* Good telephone & email communications skills
* Standard first aid, CPR & AED
* The successful candidate must possess a professional maturity, attention to detail, be goal
oriented and work well in a team environment.
* The successful candidate will need to become a member of the parties. There is no cost for this.
* Other duties as required
Each term we accept two (2) successful applicants. We accept applications all year.
You may apply in confidence via email or via postal mail to:
Peter V. Tretter, President
Barrie Green Party
65 Cedar Point Dr. Suite 278
Barrie, ON L4N 9R3