Internships & Co-op student placements
The Barrie Green Party is looking to hire a co-op student to assist in daily business activities, event planning and fundraising. This is an unpaid position, and would be ideal for a student wanting to work from home, build a portfolio and gain some great business experience.
Interns and/or Co-op student will be responsible for assigned activities and need to be able to complete assignments with minimal supervision. Student will also be expected to attend any meetings and events.
- Self-starter, motivated to succeed and has a ‘can do’ attitude
- Knowledgeable about the event planning
- Experience in event planning preferred
- Effective organizational, planning and creativity skills are essential
- Possess excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to work well under pressure
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team setting
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- First Aid, CPR “C” & AED
Shift required: 20 – 40 hours per week, flexible hours
Starting Date: Year round
Each term we accept two (2) successful applicants. We accept applications all year.
You may apply in confidence via email or via postal mail to:
Peter V. Tretter, President
Barrie Green Party
65 Cedar Point Dr. Suite 278
Barrie, ON L4N 9R3